Friday, January 15, 2010

15 - Ham and Egg

It is Friday, you know what that means...DATE NIGHT! More often than not, since the boys have been old enough to stay home by themselves, Friday is DATE NIGHT for the hottie honey and I. (and yes, it is DATE NIGHT with all caps, they are THAT awesome!) Are you ready for awesomeness at the max? Here is the hottie I get to go out with on Fridays...

Now for all you ladies that just swooned, sorry but he wears one of these....
and I am the lucky gal that gave it to him! (this is my macro shot by the way)
Now some DATE NIGHTS are pretty fancy...nice restaurant, movie or quaint pub with a small band, you know standard date fare. Some DATE NIGHTS are goofy...bowling, driving range, putt putt golf, go karts, the "bring out the kid in you" kind. Then sometimes...SOMETIMES...DATE NIGHT is low key, little restaurant, rented movies, xbox, cuddle in front of the fire, we just made the house payment, baseball fees, medical bills, it's cold outside, I just want to be by you kind. Tonight was the later. Even when it is the low cost, I mean low key kind, we still try to find new places to go. Tonight we ran across this place by total accident...
With a name like Ham n' Egg, you can bet you can throw the Weight Watchers points out the window! I really was not feeling hungry, but the Honey got this...


It is called the Meat Lovers Skillet. It SHOULD be called "We just slaughtered a pig and threw the whole thing on a plate with as much butter as health code will let us, have you paid your life insurance because the likelihood of you eating this with your heart still pumping is unlikely skillet". It has A LOT of meat, lots and lots and



LOTS of meat. Did I mention the meat? We are talking ham, sausage, and bacon. And just look at the glimmering greasiness. Can anyone say Heart Attack?


Yes, he did manage to finish it, and thankfully he is still alive. DATE NIGHT was a success, we had a great time, good conversation and now the fire and comfy couch calls my name.

1 comment:

  1. I love your commentary, you crack me up! And I have to say I am SO with your husband on the meat lovers skillet.I am not a big breakfast person but when we are out and I do order it, I get exactly what your husband had. Pure yumminess(is that a word?LOL)!

    ReplyDelete