Tuesday, August 3, 2010

214 - I Got My Sticker


How about you? Did you exercise your right?

I REALLY try to avoid politics here on my little piece of the web, I think there are plenty of other places to go with more informed opinions and information than I could dream of getting into.

HOWEVER...I do not consider what I am about to say political. I really don’t care about who or what you voted for. So we don’t see eye to eye politically, that’s okay….really. I DO care that every American citizen who is eligible to vote understands that it is important to do so. It is not just a right, it is a privilege. It is not just a privilege, it is your duty. Men and women have put their lives on the line, given up valuable family time, given freely of their finances so that you could spend 5 min in a booth letting your voice be heard.

I will get off my soap box now. If I have offended you, I apologize, but hopefully I have given you something to think about come November.

3 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree more! It really burns me up when people talk about the way our country is and whats wrong with it, but yet they dont do anything to change it. Get out there and vote, make your voices heard for cripes sake!

    We'll be voting soon here in Alaska and I've been supporting my candidates for months now. I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I voted! Hey women couldn't even vote until 1920 and those women went through H*LL to get that right for us! I hope that when my name changes I get switched to my new place in time for November! If not I'm going to my old place but shhhhh don't tell :)

    ReplyDelete