Saturday, March 13, 2010

72 - Goodbye 30

You were good to me. I have to say that you were the best decade I have had in awhile.





The first one was pretty darn good. I got to experience it at a time when kids still got to be kids. You could roam the neighborhood and walk to school without fear. I have very few complaints for that decade.



 The next one, however, there is no amount of money that could make me go back and do it. It wasn’t a complete bust, there were bright moments, but over-all, teenage angst irritated me even when I was the one teenage angsting (TOTALLY made up word!) Now I have a teen, and two more coming up quickly, I feel for them. I really do believe that as hard as it was for me, it is now even harder for them. I wonder when this cycle will run itself out. Every generation has a little bit harder time until….what? How hard can it get? When do we cry “ENOUGH!”?




Oh the twenty’s, where do I start? I can say that the darkest times of my life happened here. Times I am not proud of, times I would just assume forget. BUT, it also held some of the most amazing events of my life, events that just can’t be topped. The birth of my three sons, meeting and marrying Mr. Incredible, all high points that remain forever etched in my memory. These are the moments that made the darkness worth it.




I hated turning thirty. And when I say hate, I mean H.A.T.E! I really thought that by thirty you were supposed to have life figured out and were supposed to feel like a “grown-up”, and I just wasn’t there yet. I for sure didn’t have ANYTHING figured out and I still had moments when I wondered who was in charge around here. But as I settled in, I found thirty to be an amazing time. I started to get comfortable in my skin, recognize that it was okay that I didn’t have all the answers, and know for sure that I was definitely NOT in charge around here! It was like I took a deep breath and a weight was lifted off my shoulders. There were still hard times, but for the first time in my life, I learned that it was okay that I didn’t have the answers. And the best part was when I learned to give myself a break, I also learned to give everyone around me a break. Yes, thirty was good to me, thank you for being kind and gentle. I will remember you fondly.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I just have to get this out of the way ((jumping up and down)) YEAH!!!! I am so glad you're back online!! I missed you,and your photos!!

    This is a great post! I LOVE all of these photos, what a great way to showcase your journey through the yrs. I can sooo relate to everything you posted!

    I think life is just one big question, and everyday the answer changes. We just have to be secure in the answer we're given/we give and just take it day by day :)

    ReplyDelete